On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:29:25 -0800 Steve Gabosch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
> At 02:42 AM 2/26/2005 -0500, you wrote:
> >At 06:01 PM 2/25/2005 -0800, Steve Gabosch wrote:
>

> BTW, what awful book and who was John Somerville?

He was an American philosopher who wrote studies of
Soviet philosophy, most particularly his book,
* Soviet Philosophy: A Study of Theory and Practice*.

He was, I believe, one of the first American philosophers
to investigate developments in Soviet philosophy.

BTW, Sidney Hook's famous attack on Somerville,
"Philosophy and the Police," is available online, providing
that you are willing to shell out some bucks to The Nation.

Jim F.