On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:49:38 -0500 Jim Farmelant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:

> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:29:25 -0800 Steve Gabosch
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> writes:
> > At 02:42 AM 2/26/2005 -0500, you wrote:
> > >At 06:01 PM 2/25/2005 -0800, Steve Gabosch wrote:
> >

> > BTW, what awful book and who was John Somerville?
>
> He was an American philosopher who wrote studies of
> Soviet philosophy, most particularly his book,
> * Soviet Philosophy: A Study of Theory and Practice*.

BTW in case you were interested, here is a later piece that I
found online by Somerville:

Somerville, J. (1967) "The Nature of Reality: Dialectical Materialism"
(pp. 3-32).
In The Philosophy of Marxism: An Exposition. Minneapolis: Marxist
Educational Press.

http://www.comnet.ca/~pballan/Somerville(1967).htm