On 3/4/2011 10:28 AM, Néstor Gorojovsky wrote:

Not only I have seen "truly revolutionary movements" but as an Argentinean I
have even had the joy of being at the forefront of a couple of them.

I have not said that the Lybian rebels are monarchists. I have said that
when you look at such a movement as allows monarchists to be part of their
ranks, then you should think it twice  before labeling those rebels as
"revolutionaries".

Nestor, the same kinds of smears have been directed against Juan Peron. Don't you remember all the bullshit about Nazis working in Argentina after WWII? One would think that you would step a bit more gingerly when it comes to applying litmus tests in Libya in light of this.

And what do you mean by allowing monarchists in their ranks? This is a chaotic mass movement, not under the direction of a seasoned and highly disciplined cadre. This is the same kind of reasoning I have heard from ultraleft opponents of the trade union movement in Iran. Because Freedom House endorses the bus drivers, we are led to believe that the union is in some kind of conspiracy. Nobody can prevent Freedom House from issuing such a proclamation and nobody can stop a Libyan monarchist from doing the same thing.

That is called politics.