OK Louis, I'm wrong.

The Cheka never tortured suspects and Trotsky disapproved of torture. Trotsky deeply regretted any human rights abuses he became aware of and did all he could to put an end to them. Dzerzinsky also did all that was in his power to prevent people from being brutally interrogated.

There. The factual record has been put straight.

No actually, I'm just kidding. I really don't have time to copy-and-paste testimonials of prisoners interrogated by the Cheka or passages from Trotsky's letters in which he talks about counter-revolutionary activites and the means of eliminating them.