#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

In "Dance of the Dialectic" page 77, Bertel Ollman quotes Marx:

"It is characteristic of the entire crudeness of 'common sense,' which
takes its rise from the 'full life' and does not cripple its natural
features by philosophy or other studies, that where it succeeds in seeing
a distinction it fails to see a unity, and where it sees a unity it fails
to see a distinction."

The reference Ollman gives is to the Marx-Engels-Werke, Vol 4 page 339. I
have been unable to find this passage in the English Marx Engels Works,
perhaps because it's a different translation.

Several other writers quote the same passage, but so far as I can tell,
they all reference Ollman as the source.

Can anyone help me locate the original passage, in English?

Ian Angus