#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

@Jeff:

>The effect of the publication policy in Counterpunch has been documented
quantitatively in the Hendrik article.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. What "documentation" did Hendrik
provide? She compared a small handful of "right-wing" authors with a small
handful of "left-wing" authors, there is no actual measure of what extent
these individual authors are representative of the overall number of
authors or pieces published by CP. That is, the left-wing authors may only
be a small percentage of the overall number of lefty authors whereas the
right-wing authors may be the whole thing. And if that's true (and I think
it is) then that would actually contradict her "analysis". The lower
numbers of articles per person from the left might be representative of the
fact that most articles that CP runs are from left-wing authors, and as a
result there are less articles from each left-wing individual. In short
there's nothing to suggest that these are appropriate or proportional
samples, she is on a witch-hunt.

I'm not sure what your separate disagreement is about the other stuff so
I'll wait on you.

- Amith

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Jeff via Marxism <