#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I always found this article particularly astute:

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/31/progressives_and_the_ron_paul_fallacies/

Here are some of PCR's views:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Craig_Roberts

In other words, PCR sells anti-Stalinism mixed with conspiracy theories,
neoliberalism, and anti-war/anti-Zionist politics. Some of those things are
good, I'll leave it to Nancy Drew and the JSF crowd to figure out which
ones are which. I'm also still wondering why nobody has addressed that
Hendrick completely exaggerated the concept of "Third Positionism" by
defining it as (basically) as anyone who is conservative but anti-Zionist
and anti-war, or how PCR's overall balance of opinions is even comparable
to the kinds of pro-war, Zionist apologism and blatant Islamophobia that
floats around on the left. That is far, far worse than this kind of
exaggerated conspiracism about the right, let alone "Nazism". I'd also
point out that most of the genuinely troubling things about PCR's views --
anticommunism, lack of structural analysis, weird attachment to Putin, etc.
are common on the left as they are on the right/far-right.

>I applaud Elise Hendrick for having confronted this abomination.

lol

- Amith

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:28 PM, Jeff via Marxism <