I asked: "What damage did the ISO do to Cuba by not mentioning this?  And
what help did the ISO do for Cuba by mentioning it?"

Eli responded: "Well, to a certain extent the answer is just like asking
what effect any particular antiwar demonstration has - in a short-term,
measurable way, probably none."

I'm surprised to see the impact of a demonstration measured in this top-down
fashion...that is, its impact on the government and its policies.  Many of
us tend to think of these things in a more fundamental and radical
way...thinking about the impact on the people involved in or those
responding to the demonstration.  .

But the notion that sociological terminology has something to do with the
defense of Cuba against U.S. imperialism is truly incomprehensible to me.

Most of us will defend ANY TARGET OF IMPERIALISM...  How we might describe
it or not describe it hardly matters....  I have every confidence in the ISO
on this...and on Eli's organization as well....

ML