Mark L. wrote: "Most of us will defend ANY TARGET OF IMPERIALISM" and Bhaskar
writes that, in the view of the ISO, Cuba "deserves defense from US
imperialism."

But see, that's the point. CLAIMING you "defend something from imperialism" is
different from ACTUALLY DOING IT. As I wrote earlier, coming out in the streets
with "U.S. Out" signs after the invasion is too late. Cuba (and others
including Venezuela and North Korea and Iran) are under attack by imperialism
NOW (and, in the case of Cuba, have been for the past 50 years). The time to
defend Cuba against imperialism is NOW, and if the only thing your press ever
writes about Cuba is negative, not only aren't you defending Cuba, you are
acting as an enabler for imperialism in its attempt to prepare American opinion
for whatever it chooses to do.

And just to correct Mark on a small personal point, he writes: "  I have every
confidence in the ISO

on this...and on Eli's organization as well.." For the record, the only
"organization" I'm a part of is the National Committee to Free the Cuban Five.
I do work closely with numerous comrades from the PSL here in San Francisco,
especially since they're among the few groups actually doing things (like
organizing demonstrations) rather than just talking, and I certainly share
their basic framework, but I am not a member ("not that there's anything wrong
with that"), and I most assuredly do not speak for them. I speak for myself.

And to Louis, who insists on labeling ANSWER and March 20 as a "sectarian"
event, I note that the series of meetings to pull the demonstration together
here in San Francisco were attended by an average of 80 people, representing
dozens of organizations (although NOT the ISO), all of whom had precisely the
same opportunity to speak, vote, serve on or lead committees, etc., and I have
every reason to believe the same situation existed in D.C. and Los Angeles.

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850552/direct/01/