I don't wish to sound naive here, but I have been wondering how important
this story is in terms of its impact on the class struggle and world
politics?  I would be very interested to hear comrades opinions on this.
The Angry Arab has opined that Lebanese  and Middle East politics have been
altered fundamentally.

By way of contrast the single mention of Australia so far has resulted in a
front page endorsement of Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd by the Australian's
foreign Editor.  Rudd threats against China have endeared him to the Murdoch
camp it would seem. Whether further leaks will do some damage remains of
course to be seen.

So far, if I am right, the leaks show a world dominated by America and with
non-American politicians engaged a a variety of grovelling and ass-kissing
gestures. Granted some granted have been pretending to independence.   These
revelations are hardly surprising, but is there something I am not getting
here?

For me the only surprise is that things have turned out as bad as we said
they were.

Still what we are possibly seeing is yet another moment in the seemingly
endless series of crisss of the liberal world view. Tedious as it is to see
liberals trying and generally succeeding in not awakening to the true nature
of the world, the leaks might yet prove a leak too far.

comradely

Gary