sorry, sensitive send button issue. Here is my reply

Peter observed: "To get a measure of the political value of Wikileaks the LAST
thing I'd consider is whether or not people on this list or similar lists are
surprised."

Indeed, Peter, the virulent reaction by the capitalist governments (as well as
China) to these rather obvious revelations (they do have the effect of
reinforcing what many have been opining about the secret role of the
"diplomatic corps") can only be explained as a "Gulf of Tonkin" assault on
political freedom. I have to agree with several who have already observed that
we are about to see a wave anti-democratic legislation that may result in
forcing dissent of thought underground. "Vigorously" is an understatement of
the need and the opportunity that we fighters for democracy must see in this
coming period. It may be that anyone who solidarizes with Wikileaks and other
such efforts in the future will be threatened with blacklisting or worse.