At 10:00 09/01/11 -0500, Greg McDonald wrote:

>http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=753
>
>85 per cent of all drugs produced in Afghanistan are shipped out by US
aircraft.

>Posted by PCLatest news, World newsWednesday, December 22nd, 2010

I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but this article is almost certainly
bullshit, from a bullshit website. It does not have an identified author,
and cites no verifiable sources.

Of course it contains certain elements of truth regarding the hypocrisy of
the charges against the Taliban for profiting from the heroin trade, and
the involvement of Ahmed Wali Karzai.

But this article is from a conspiracy website, and every single article I
saw on that site is extremely suspect or just plain wrong. Especially the
health/medical articles! I would have expected the poster of this article
to have checked to see if the website has any legitimacy at all and/or if
the information in the article could be verified or had even been published
by a reputable source. Just posting articles you run across based on their
"shock value" not only wastes our time, but provides us with misinformation
which we might repeat (since we thought it was from a source that had been
"recommended"), thus making fools of ourselves (and lowering our public
credibility) when the claims prove unfounded.

- Jeff