As to when the Democrats drank their version of the kool aid, I've
addressed the unchallenged facts of this every election. It didn't come out
of Carter but the defeat of George McGovern, something the DNC at the time
preferred rather than to lose power within the party. Leaders of American
political parties do this from time to time.  McGovern's defeat led to a
reorganization of the party leadership. The idea was that Nixon had won
because of the big donors

This wasn't done secretly but right out in the open.  They chose to
jettison any appearance of the party's residual reformism. Carter was a
result. So was Clinton, Obama, and the current Nixonian occupant of the
White House. None of this is any mystery.

I've repeated it every damned election.  Sorry to be doing it again, but it
needs repetition if we're going to understand the dynamic.

The disgraceful bipartisan crappiness of the recent immigration bill
provides an exquisite demonstration of how the two parties tend to compete.
The Democratic leadership today is to compromise right and blame left.

My point was not so much to urge one strategy or another, but address the
sole consideration that should inform the discussion. Pointing it out may
have added nothing to the discussion, but it wasn't for lack of trying and
seems to need the repetition.

YFTR

View/Reply Online (#29058): https://groups.io/g/marxmail/message/29058
-=-=-
POSTING RULES & NOTES
#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.
#4 Do not exceed five posts a day.
-=-=-
Group Owner: marxmail+ow...@groups.io