Hi,

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Jonathan Swartz <swa...@pobox.com> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce Poet, a modern Perl web framework designed especially
> for Mason developers:

It looks very good and I plan on trying it out next week. I'm curious
how it deals with bigger projects though.

For example, I have an application that has 3 sites: a frontend
catalog-style site with multiple skins, a private members-only site,
and a backoffice site. A lot of components and libs are shared between
the three sites, and things like logging and configuration are handled
in a centralized manner, shared by the three sites. There are also
other things, like async job workers, crons, incoming SMTP handlers
that don't map well into a Poet layout.

I think I can override Poet::Conf and ::Log to make use of those
facilities, and I can possible tweak each site comp_root to have
access to the shared components though, I'll try with a small site
first.

Still, it looks good and its nice to see a lot of common sense Mason
stuff codified into a separate module.

Congrats!

Bye,
--