From: Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2023 11:43 AM
To: John Ciolfi <cio...@mathworks.com>
Cc: Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es>; Matlab-emacs-discuss
<matlab-emacs-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Matlab-emacs-discuss] new branches, plans, rename development
branch to default, mirror to github

>>> "JC" == John Ciolfi <cio...@mathworks.com> writes:

Hi John

> Thanks Uwe, having development on github will help. I have a few items
> I'd like to contribute but have been too busy to polish them off.
> Moving to github will make that easier because I'm more familiar with
> it.

Ok. I would be especially interested in the stuff connected to org mode.
I still use the python engine to pass code from an org file to matlab.

1. I will merge (or fast forward Nidish patches tomorrow) and then
rename master-->default, if I don't receive any objections.

a. Github. I have already setup a mirror which is
g...@github.com:matlab-mode/mirror.git however I am not sure
that this is the best name and place. As I found out there are
a bewildering number of different matlab-mode repositories on
github, some quite old with no recent commits. I have to think
what is the best strategy:

- Which name to chose

- What to write on the main page to make it clear that this
is the official repository

Suggestions are welcome

Uwe
--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.