From: Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es>
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2024 10:58 AM
To: John Ciolfi <cio...@mathworks.com>
Cc: matlab-emacs-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
<matlab-emacs-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>; Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es>;
Nidish Narayanaa Balaji <nidish.bal...@ila.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject: Re: Move of matlab-mode from Source Forge to github

>>> "JC" == John Ciolfi <cio...@mathworks.com> writes:
hi

> Hi
> We'd like to move matlab-mode from Source Forge to github,
> https://github.com/MathWorks/Emacs-MATLAB-Mode<https://github.com/MathWorks/Emacs-MATLAB-Mode>,
>  which gives us a good
> location for the "master" matlab-mode in github along with the
> benefits of github. Note, there are already many copies of matlab-mode
> in other github areas.

> The process for managing matlab-mode will remain the same - Uwe Brauer
> will be the primary maintainer.

> This proposal has mostly cleared internally within MathWorks. I'd like
> to ask non-MathWorker contributors to matlab-mode if this is, okay?
> Nidish and Uwe as recent non-MathWorker contributors can you reply to
> this with if you like or dislike this proposal.

Yes I am, but let me add two remarks, in order to be sure we are in the
same boat.

1. The main dev branch will be renamed from master to default (that
simplify things on my side). I would like to rename the branch
before the move.

2. The package is intended also to be in ELPA (there is still a
problem with a signature from one author)

I think we agreed on this before, I just wanted to be sure.

Uwe
--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.