John Hunter wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Michael Droettboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> For my fellow emacs users:
>>
>> If you aren't aware of it, there is a reST mode for emacs:
>>
>> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/tools/editors/emacs/rst.el
>>
>> In the course of experimenting today, I wrote a few elisp macros (attached)
>> to aid in adding inline cross-references to the code that might be generally
>> useful.  By putting the cursor over a particular token, you can easily mark
>> it as a class, function, method, module etc.  For example, pressing "C-c c"
>> over the word "Axes" will replace it with ":class:`Axes`".
>>

> Will rest recognize the module this comes from?- I've been using the
> full path :class:`matplotlib.lines.Line2D` and when I just want the
> Line2D w/o the full path :class:`~matplotlib.lines.Line2D`.  I haven't
> tested this yet since we don't have the api docs linked in, but this
> is how I've been writing...

 From the playing around I've done, it seems that, yes, you do need to
fully specify if you're writing from outside of a docstring.  However
within docstrings, it seems you can refer to other methods in the same
class or other classes in the same module by their name only.

(My emacs macros are a little broken because they stop at '.'s, but
hopefully I can fix that without going too crazy.)

Cheers,
Mike

--
Michael Droettboom