when putting the full path of wxmsw26u_vc_enthought.dll  in setup.py like
this

data_files = [("lib\\matplotlibdata", mpfiles),
                   matplotlib.get_py2exe_datafiles(), # if you don't use
the lib option
"C:\\Python24\\Lib\\site-packages\\wx-
2.6.1.0-py2.4-win32.egg\\wx\\wxmsw26u_vc_enthought.dll",
##                    "wxmsw26u_vc_enthought.dll",
####                    ("prog\\", python4dll)
                  ]

and copying wxmsw26u_vc_enthought.dll in the same directory where setup.pyis.
Running
python setup.py py2exe
it works "but" gives a 26Mb large dist directory with a lot of files. A good
start.

I'd like to know if it's possible to bundle all files in a zipped files or
something similar

What I obtain in dist is:
[___lib
    [___matplolibdata
[___matplotlibdata
[___prog

Files in lib are               *.pyd,library.zip,wxmsw26u_vc_enthought.dll
Files in lib\matplotib are *.afm,*.ppm,*.svg ....
Files in matplotib are the same as in lib\matplotib
FIles in prog are MSVCR71.dll,python24.dll,w9xpopen.exe,wx_embed.exe