Hi

I apologize for my late response, I was in the
hospital.

Thanks for the tip, the ticks are now magically
divided by a constant.

Here's some input on scaling the input data:

Say -- you have 25000 points of data. You want to
capture each and every point of data on a plot. Mpl
lists the ticks as a function of the number of data
points, which is cool. Now comes a situation where in
you want to manipulate the ticks to display - say the
time, for eg., the 100th data point came in at 1 sec,
the 200th came in at 2 sec, and so on - Is scaling the
input data the way to go ?

-iyer

--- John Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 4/10/07, Iyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > If only someone could guide me, so that I can
> > understand better how to "translate" the ticks
> from
> > the default "number of sample" ticks to that of
> > different ticks - say
> > new_ticks=original_ticks/(some_constant). Right
> now
> > I'm clueless, your input will help a lot in
> > understanding Mpl.
>

> OK, your persistence is admirable.  You are still
> asking the wrong
> question and applying the wrong solution, but
> dog-golly, you've earned
> the right to do it the wrong way!
>
> from matplotlib.ticker import FuncFormatter
>
> def myformatter(x, pos=None):
>      return '%1.3f'%(x/4.)
>
> ax = subplot(111)
> ax.plot(x, y)

ax.xaxis.set_major_formatter(FuncFormatter(myformatter))