Jeremy Hill-2 wrote:

> I tried installing python25 via fink (BTW, I'm using Tiger, not
> Leopard), and then installing the latest ipython, numpy, scipy and
> matplotlib using the naive 'python setup.py build; sudo python
> setup.py install' method on top of that.

Any reason you're manually installing from source rather than using the Fink
packages? Fink's matplotlib is still at 0.90 but the latest versions of all
the other packages you want are in Fink. Note that you will need to enable
Fink's Unstable tree to get these packages as its Stable tree is quite
outdated.

Good Luck,

 --
Jed Frechette