>>> I would think that the gtk mainloop would terminate when the window
>>> closes (which termination should propagate back up the stack), but
>>> apparently that doesn't happen.
>> I'm not sure I'm following you at the moment.  Are you calling show()
>> once and closing the figure doesn't cause it to return?   or are you
>> trying to call show() multiple times from a single script and subsequent
>> calls to show() fail to return?
>
> Hi, Ryan,
>
> Thanks for your continued help.
>
> I am calling show() once, and closing the figure doesn't cause it to return?
> I've verified the lack of return using debug  sys.stderr.write() statements,
> as well as by following  show()  with a sys.exit() command.

(Getting this back on the full list...)

This sounds like a bug to me, specific to your set up.  I just ran a
script (for my own sanity) and closing the figure, resulted in the
script exiting and returning to the command prompt.  Do you happen to
have a small complete example that replicates your problems that you
could post here?

Also, what are your versions of matplotlib and PyGtk (you are using
GtkAgg, right)? Also, what OS are you running?

Devs, what do you think?

Ryan

--
Ryan May