On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:39 AM, James K. Gruetzner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> > Hi, Ryan,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your continued help.
>> >
>> > I am calling show() once, and closing the figure doesn't cause it to
>> > return? I've verified the lack of return using debug  sys.stderr.write()
>> > statements, as well as by following  show()  with a sys.exit() command.
>>
>> (Getting this back on the full list...)
>>
>> This sounds like a bug to me, specific to your set up.  I just ran a
>> script (for my own sanity) and closing the figure, resulted in the
>> script exiting and returning to the command prompt.  Do you happen to
>> have a small complete example that replicates your problems that you
>> could post here?
>>
>> Also, what are your versions of matplotlib and PyGtk (you are using
>> GtkAgg, right)? Also, what OS are you running?
>>
>> Devs, what do you think?
>>
>> Ryan
>> --
>> Ryan May
>> Graduate Research Assistant
>> School of Meteorology
>> University of Oklahoma
>
> Thanks, Ryan,  The requested info is below.
> Thanks again.

I am not seeing any problems on the 91 branch or the 98 trunk.  Below
is my command and output (the shell returns when I close the window
with a click)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:svn> python ~/test.py --verbose-helpful -dGTKAgg
$HOME=/home/titan/johnh
CONFIGDIR=/home/titan/johnh/.matplotlib
matplotlib data path
/home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/mpl-data
loaded rc file /home/titan/johnh/.matplotlib/matplotlibrc
matplotlib version 0.91.4
verbose.level helpful
interactive is False
units is False
platform is sunos5
numerix numpy 1.2.0.dev5410
Using fontManager instance from /home/titan/johnh/.matplotlib/fontManager.cache
backend GTKAgg version 2.6.0
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:svn>