Hi, I'm new to matplotlib, trying to migrate from Matlab, so please
excuse my rookie ignorance and Matlab thinking.
My question is: why does a GUI figure crash upon repeated calls in
IPython?
Here is a detailed description:
I'm using the Enthought Python Distribution (EPD_Py25) and I enter
IPython with the command: "ipython". I then run the script below
using: %run myScript.py. Everything works fine: when I press 'Enter'
while in the GUI the figure closes and I can retrieve the data from
obj.x. However, when I run the script again using %run myScript.py a
figure is generated but nothing happens; I am forced to reset
everything using pyplot.close('all'), but cannot regain the GUI
functionality without exiting IPython.

This problem does not occur if I use EPD's PyLab (i.e. "ipython -
pylab"). Does anyone know why?

Here is the script:
from numpy.random import rand
from matplotlib import pyplot
class myGUI:
     def __init__(self,x):
         self.fig = pyplot.gcf()
         self.x = x
         #initiate figure:
         self.connect()
         pyplot.plot(self.x)
         pyplot.show()
     def connect(self):
         self.cidkeypress =
self.fig.canvas.mpl_connect('key_press_event', self.keypress)
     def disconnect(self):
         self.fig.canvas.mpl_disconnect(self.cidkeypress)
         pyplot.close(self.fig)
     def keypress(self,event):
         if event.key == 'enter':
             self.disconnect()