On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Gökhan Sever <gokhanse...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Matthias Michler <matthiasmich...@gmx.net
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Gökhan,
>>
>> thanks for testing this small patch. Maybe one of the developers could
>> submit
>> it or should I place it on the patch-tracker?
>>

> Usually after some pinging someone picks up the code and commits in to the
> svn.
>

>> About the toggling of all grid-lines using
>> event.inaxes.grid(which='majorminor')
>> I not sure this is intended, because this means that you will allways
>> toggling
>> major and minor tick - grid lines using key 'g' instead of only toggling
>> major tick grid lines. Maybe a developer or other users could comment on
>> the
>> preferred behavior.
>>

> Just create a simple plot and log-log x,y-axes and try hitting "g". Both
> minor and major gridlines must be visible to get a clear view. In some cases
> grids clutter the figure instead of helping.
>
> In my previous post, the main point was change in
> event.inaxes.grid(which='majorminor') doesn't really work as expected. Could
> you at least check that behavior?
>

>> Kind regards,
>> Matthias

> --
> Gökhan

Hi Matthias,

I spotted another annoyance:

Save the following lines in a file called test.py and run python test.py

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

plt.plot(range(100))
plt.xscale('log')
plt.yscale('log')
ax = plt.gca()
ax.grid(False, which='majorminor')
plt.show()

This doesn't work properly in the first call. If you call it from within
Ipython -pylab using run test.py again no difference. Only when you call
ax.grid(False, which='majorminor') grids disappear.

--
Gökhan