On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:39 AM, Matthias Michler
<matthiasmich...@gmx.net>wrote:

> I think it works like expected, i.e. it toggles the state of showing grid
> lines for minor and major ticks.
> The problem it the case were people set only major tick grid lines
> ax.grid(True, which='major')
> and than press the key 'g', because than they change between having major
> and
> minor tick grid lines and this is somehow a strange behavior, isn't it?
> Therefore I myself am not convinced of that solution.
> [...]

Interesting that setting and using "g" doesn't toggle both minor and major
grids at the same time. It behaves erratically.
event.inaxes.grid(which='minormajor')

 I'm sorry, I don't get your point. If I ran your script I get a window
> without
> gridlines as expected. The result is independent of the call of
> ax.grid(False, which='majorminor').
> By the way are you using matplotlib-svn?

Yes I test this again and it doesn't work. That setting only disables major
grids. Grids are cleared in my second explicit call. This is rev 8226 using
WXAgg backend.

> Kind regards,
> Matthias

Gökhan