On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu> wrote:
> Ok.  I have a RHEL5 Linux box with Python 2.7.1.
>
> With Numpy 1.4.1 and 1.5.1 I don't see any leaks.  With Numpy git HEAD,
> I did see a leak -- I submitted a pull request to Numpy here:
>
>   https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/76
>
> I get the same results (no leaks) running your wx, tk and agg scripts
> (with the Windows-specific stuff removed).
>
> FWIW, I have wxPython 2.8.11.0 and Tkinter rev 81008.
>
> So the variables are the platform and the version of Python.  Perhaps
> it's one of those two things?
>
> Mike

Consider the following:

     matplotlib 1.0.1, numpy 1.5.1, python 2.7.1, wxPython 2.8.11.0,
Windows XP SP3

     - 1 hour
     - Plotted 3601 times, about 1Hz
     - Memory usage increased by about 1.16MB (41.39 - 40.23), or
about 0.33K per redraw

It seems the same memory leak exists. Given you don't have this issue
on Linux with the same Python configuration, I can only assume it is
related to some Windows specific code somewhere. I'll run for a longer
period of time just in case, but I don't expect the results to be
different.