On Friday, October 21, 2011, Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:

> On Friday, October 21, 2011, Paul Ivanov <pivanov...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Rich,
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:
>>>   After a long hiatus I'm again working on an application and just
upgraded
>>> matplotlib from 0.98.5.2 to 0.99.1.2.
>>
>> Is there a particular reason you just upgraded to a version of
>> matplotlib that is almost 2 years old now? Matplotlib 1.1.0 was
>> released a few weeks ago, so it's strange that you did not upgrade to
>> it, or at least to 1.0.1, which came out in January. I'm not certain
>> that the issue you're running into has been fixed, but there have
>> certainly been lots of changes. I also want to make sure that there
>> isn't some stale pointer to an old version of matplotlib out there -
>> so can you let us know what procedure you used to do the upgrade?
>>
>> best,
>
> Paul,
>
> Apparently, a bunch of the back-n-forth between myself and the OR went
off-list.  The problem is with the AFM font files packaged with mpl.  afm.py
is doing the correct thing by failing to parse an invalid line.  However, I
don't know much about AFM files and where they come from package-wise to
know where to file a bug report.

> Cheers,
> Ben Root

Oops, sorry, I meant to say AFM files *not* packaged with mpl.

Ben Root