Στις 21/01/2012 07:05 μμ, ο/η Tony Yu έγραψε:

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Gousios George <gg...@windowslive.com <mailto:gg...@windowslive.com>> wrote:

    Στις 21/01/2012 04:54 μμ, ο/η Tony Yu έγραψε:

    On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Gousios George
    <gg...@windowslive.com <mailto:gg...@windowslive.com>> wrote:

        Hello , i have the following code in matlab and trying to do
        it in
        matplotlib.

        I have this code in matlab (in a function showGraphs):
        m = size(myList, 3);
        for k = 1:m
            g = myList(:, :, k);
            image(g + 1)
            axis off
            axis square
            M(k) = getframe;
        end;

        and in another file (another function):
        M = showGraphs(grids)
        movie(M, 1)

        I did so far:

        def showGraphs(data):
            data=sc.array([data])
            n=sc.shape(data)[2]
            for k in range(n):
                mydata=data[:,:,k]
                #plt.imshow(mydata+1)    -->> this doesn't work

        Also ,in order to do the animation :

        grids=...(result from another function)
        result=showGraph(grids)
        fig=plt.figure()
        ani=animation.FuncAnimation(fig,result,interval=30,blit=True)
        plt.show()

        Right now the program says "TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not
        callable" (it has errors in the animation call)

        What should be my approach to this in order to have the
        animation?

        Thank you!

    You're getting that error because the second argument to
    FuncAnimation (`result` in your example) should be a function
    (not always; see example 2 linked below). Right now, if your
    `showGraphs` function is defined in full, it returns a value of
    None, which gets saved to `result` (hence the error).

    You should take a look at some of the image animation examples
    (ex1
    <http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/animation/dynamic_image.html>,
    ex2
    <http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/animation/dynamic_image2.html>).

    -Tony

    I did now :

    def showGraphs(data):
        data=sc.array([data])
        n=sc.shape(data)[2]
        ims=[]

        for k in range(n):
            mydata=data[:,:,k]
            im=plt.imshow(mydata+1)
            ims.append([im])
        return ims

    and now it gives me "TypeError: Invalid dimensions for image data.

Please post short, but executable examples when possible. I'm not sure what your data looks like, but your call to `sc.array` is strange (I'm not sure why you have square brackets, which effectively adds an unnecessary dimension to your data).

The code attached below should work.

Cheers,
-Tony

import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
from matplotlib.animation import ArtistAnimation

fig = plt.figure()

def showGraphs(data):
    data = np.asarray(data) # unnecessary in this example
    n = np.shape(data)[2]

    ims = []
    #for mydata in np.rollaxis(data, -1):
    for k in range(n):
        mydata = data[:, :, k]
        im = plt.imshow(mydata)
        ims.append([im])
    return ims

# 5 frames of a random 20 x 20 image
data = np.random.uniform(size=(20, 20, 5))
ims = showGraphs(data)

ani = ArtistAnimation(fig, ims)
plt.show()
Now,it gives me 2 figures (why 2?) but empty.(maybe i didn't convert right the matlab code below?) The data in the showGraphs function is the result from this function (in matlab):
grids = zeros(n, n, t + 1);
grids(:, :, 1) = rest;
for i = 2:(t + 1)
    Extended = extendLat1(rest);