Hi all

I'm rendering some images with about 3.5 million triangles into a 512x512 png file using tricontourf. I'm running this in a virtual machine, and I'm pretty sure that there is no graphics rendering hardware being used. Is it possible, assuming the hardware was available, to make tricontourf use the rendering hardware? Will that happen by default?

Here's the relevant portion of the code.

       figure1 = plt.figure(figsize=(imageWidth,imageHeight))
       theTriangulation.set_mask(mask)
       plt.axis("off")

       # This makes sure the figure fills the canvas
       ax = figure1.add_axes([0,0,1,1])

       # This turns off the tick marks of the axis we added.
       ax.axis("off")
       plt.tricontourf(theTriangulation,
                             modelData,
                             theLookupTable.N,