This is a great idea. Anything to raise the level of perceived "legitimacy" in the academic community would be great. We can definitely add content like this to the documentation and/or website.

Mike

On 10/05/2012 09:43 AM, Jianbao Tao wrote:
I think that is a great idea. I think it is worthwhile to put a highlighted spot, or whatever, that shows matplotlib plots in academic publications. Additionally, it is good for enlarging the matplotlib user base to ask people to acknowledge matplotlib in their papers if they use matplotlib to make plots, and share links of their publications. Of course, matplotlib.org <http://matplotlib.org> should provide some sort of platform for people to share that kind of information, such as a public email address. Such acknowledgement is not a hard thing to do, and I think most people, if not all, that benefit from matplotlib would be more than happy to do so. :-)

Jianbao

    Message: 4
    Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 22:31:34 -0600
    From: G?khan Sever <gokhanse...@gmail.com
    <mailto:gokhanse...@gmail.com>>
    Subject: [Matplotlib-users] Matplotlib produced plots in academic
            journal articles
    To: matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
    <mailto:matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

    Hello,

    Is there any collection of articles that shows academic articles using
    matplotlib produced plots? I have come across a few recent
    articles in my
    field with plots produced by matplotlib. Though, the mpl page
    shows some
    nice examples of publication quality plots, it would be nice to have a
    discipline specific collection of academic paper citations/links
    (hopefully
    mostly open-access titles) to raise awareness of mpl usage in
    academia by
    attracting other language users.

    What do you think?

    --