Ray's suggestion is an excellent idea.  I'd like to add the following.
Suppose you start with "caseA", which solves ok.  Now you make only one
change to obtain "caseB":  you switch one particular PQ bus to PV type, by
carefully specifying its Vg as the voltage value you obtained in the
solution of "caseA". You preserve the same value of P (careful with signs
here), and the value of Q is immaterial now.  When you solve now caseB, you
should obtain exactly the same solution, within numeric tolerances.

So, if you used a value of P for this new "generator" equal to -P of the
former load, AND you kept Vg equal to the bus V in the original solution,
you should obtain the same solution.  Of course, enforcing MVAR limits (on
this new generator) may alter things completely.

Note that the reverse process is not true, in general: you may start from a
solved case, then change a generator from PV type to PQ type (this time
using the value of Q obtained from the solution when the bus was PV type)
and you may end up with an infeasible loadflow.  This is not entirely
evident.

--
Jose L. Marin
Grupo AIA