> The existance of [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a surprise for me. I'll subscribe
> to it as soon as possible.
Oups. Do we have a communication problem here? Your name is all over in
the ChangeLog, but you are not subscribed to the dev. list? I'm new to mc
hacking, so this confuses me quite a bit...

> I'll not be able to give any detailed replies until January 8, so please don't
> ask me too much until then.
Ouch... Anyone else on this list knows about the gettext Automake/Autoconf
macros? Because simply reverting the patch to use gnome gettext instaed of
gnu gettext macros won't work?

> The gettext-related macros have some portability problems. The GNOME macro
> repository contained a modified macro, so I decided to use that macro in
> MC. Gettext was not maintained at that time. Now there is a gettext CVS
> repository, and some bugs have been fixed there.
Do you suggest reverting the patches you did 2000/80/29?

> I hope that [EMAIL PROTECTED] is archived. I need to catch up.
No idea, but you can subscribe by sending a msg to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the text "subscribe mc2-devel"...

Regards,
Egil

--
MandrakeSoft<Br>