Like you say, these sites are ok for trends but do not give anything close to
accurate figures for traffic your numbers.

-nik

>>> Russ Brooks <RBrooks at mus-nature.ca> 3/11/2008 10:43 AM >>>
When we noticed a shift in our web statistics we wondered if it was just our
site or was it something that was affecting all other museums.

We found the two following sites very useful in providing us with an
opportunity to compare our performance to that of other museums.
http://www.alexa.com/
http://www.compete.com/

These two sites allowed us to see the exact same patterns in traffic
affecting nearly all other museums.

These sites can also be useful when trying to determine Internet usage
trends. Is Facebook still hot? Type in their address and you can see the
results.

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu