I find Google Analytics to be a quite amazing tool that can go into very
forensic detail if you've got enough time to spend :-)

I think perhaps a more useful question would be why is there so little
information about web site traffic and statistics between museums?  MCN
seems to be a perfect place to trade that sort of information.  I'd be
willing to export traffic statistics from Google Analytics if others are
willing to do the same?

Perhaps we can agree on a high level set of stats that are useful for
benchmarking against peers that can be properly anonymized so as not to
be too specific to any one museum's investments in keyword optimization
and Ad campaigns?

We make some of this information available on
http://dashboard.imamuseum.org.  This is certainly less information than
what would be useful to this audience, but I'd be willing to open that
up more significantly.

Any Takers?

Rob

Robert Stein
Chief Information Officer

IMA It's My Art
Indianapolis Museum of Art
Oldfields--Lilly House & Gardens
Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park

T 317-923-1331, ext. 244 F 317-931-1978
E rstein at imamuseum.org
4000 Michigan Road Indianapolis, IN 46208