Heidi,

as i explained in my response to your comment -- see
http://conference.archimuse.com/blog/jtrant/museum_jobs_summary#comment-1439
-- that list of museum jobs was constructed in 2006 as part of a
review of museum work in the context of a survey of Museum Studies
education. it surveyed published sources describing museum work, and
summarized the qualifications and responsibilities at a very high
level. it was shared to help a group who had little familiarity with
museums and how they are organized.

the presence or absence of a specialization from that list was not
intended as a slight -- i'm sorry if that's what happened.  i should
also apologize in advance to others who don't see their specific job
title mentioned.

i think we all recognise that many functions are not assigned
consistently across museums; staffing and organizational structures
depend a lot on size and budget, and roles and responsibilities are
evolving, particularly in areas that deal with information management
and technology.

here's hoping we all have jobs and can travel to conferences in the future!

jennifer

--
J. Trant                                jtrant at archimuse.com
Partner & Principal Consultant          phone: +1 416 691 2516
Archives & Museum Informatics           fax: +1 416 352 6025
158 Lee Ave, Toronto
Ontario M4E 2P3 Canada          http://www.archimuse.com