From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Drury Wellford
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:23 PM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: [MCN-L] Mac vs. PC

Help!  The Museum of the Confederacy is seeking advice from fellow
museum professionals.

We are starting a digitization project, and are beginning by scanning
over 6000 original photographs we have in our collection.  We are
looking at buying a 24" iMac, but are now addressing concerns about
whether Mac software will be compatible with the museum's PC-based
server, and whether we will be able to integrate Mac image files with
our PC-based Collections databases.  We plan to store the images on an
external hard drive as well, but again are wondering how difficult it
will be to retrieve the images and use them on PC software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot, and sorry if this question is a repeat of one that has
been asked of the listserv a million times before.

Drury Wellford

Ann Drury Wellford
Photo Services Manager
The Museum of the Confederacy
1201 East Clay Street
Richmond, VA  23219
Phone: (804) 649-1861 x17
Fax: (804) 644-7150
www.moc.org
You are currently subscribed to mcn-l, the listserv of the Museum
Computer Network (http://www.mcn.edu)

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu