480 East Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215
ph 614/629-0345 fax 614/629-0950
thomas.deliduka at cmaohio.org

ART SPEAKS. JOIN THE CONVERSATION

-----Original Message-----
From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Jason Bondy
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 3:59 PM
To: mcn-l at mcn.edu
Subject: [MCN-L] HD video in the galleries?

Hello all,

We have recently begun moving toward High-Definition video for all of
our
interviews, documentaries and other footage to be used in exhibits.  We
are
using internally produced video as well as video shot by outside
producers.
However, we are running into some obstacles determining the best
solution
for playback in the galleries.  We will be playing the HD video files
from
Windows-based computers connected to plasma monitors.  Currently we are
trying it with H.264 encoded QuickTime files, but they are very "jumpy"
on
video clips with a lot of motion.  We have upgraded the RAM and video
cards
in the computers, but with very little improvement.  Also, we using Cat5
DVI/HDMI extenders as there is quite a bit of distance from the computer
the monitor.

Who else out there is using HD video in your exhibits?  How are you
doing
it?  We would welcome any suggestions or input you may have.

Thank you so much,

Jason

Jason Bondy

Exhibit AV/IT Systems

Oklahoma History Center

2401 N. Laird Ave.

Oklahoma City, OK  73105

405-522-0783 - Office

405-522-5402 - Fax

www.okhistory.org

You are currently subscribed to mcn-l, the listserv of the Museum
Computer Network (http://www.mcn.edu)

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu