Daniel,

Thanks for your response.  We have an 80GB hard drive in the computer.  Many
of the video clips are 5-10 minutes long, except one that is 32 minutes.  We
are planning more long documentary type films, so we need to be ready for
the larger files.

We currently own a few of the Firefly digital video players for
standard-definition video, but their HD players are out of our budget at
this time, as are the Adtec devices.  Also, we already have the computers
installed, so we were going to try to use those if we can.  As far as
Blu-ray, we are concerned about wear and tear on it if the film is repeating
continuously for nine hours per day.  A hard drive is much cheaper to
replace when it wears out.

We are still learning about various HD formats and playback options.  We
were using H.264 originally because we have a Flash program that plays the
files using QuickTime.  We need a playback format and application that goes
straight to full screen as soon as the computer boots up. Do you know of any
good reference material that explains some of the formats more in depth?

Thank you.  I really appreciate your time and assistance!

Jason

Jason Bondy
Exhibit AV/IT Systems
Oklahoma History Center