The R3 owner from Newcastle-on-Tyne wrote about the button sequence for
entering test mode:

| I'm not going to do it just yet as I don't want to make a mistake and
| accidently adjust something that will turn a perfectly functioning unit into
| a doorstop :-(

| For one thing, I need to know how to navigate in test mode once I "engage"
| it.  I guess it's the same as the R30 stuff I downloaded from MDCP.

The description for the R55 in the Service Manual seemed to apply pretty
much, as far as I tried it with the R3, to the R3.  I too am highly reluctant
to knock anything out of its proper setting.

-- the R3 owner from Chicago