<<> Do you have a sound card with a digital optical input??  Otherwise I don
't
> see where you can get a digital copy of the MD on to your hard drive.

NO I dont, its an analog input to the soundcard on my machine, but the
quality loss isn't that much to my ears (and its only bootlegged shows i'm
sampling).>>

Actually it's quite easy after what I found out this weekend.  One way to do
it is to get a MD with coaxial in's and out's.  Then get a Sound Blaster
Live and the daughter card has RCA SPDIF in's and out's.  After checking on
Creatives website and calling their tech support I found out all you have to
do is use digital coaxial cable or a high end RCA cable to get connect them.

Skipp