>Don't forget also thatyou can not make a digital copy of an MD from an MD
>copied digitally from a CD or other digital source, such as a DAT.  So it
>seems that including the digital output would be useless.

......Except that you could use an external D/A converter. I put my JE520
through an Arcam Black Box 3 with a noticeable improvement in sound quality.
It would have been nice to be able to do the same with my MZR50, - using the
line out connection through a high end system, the quality is pretty poor.

John