I have an R50 and love it.  If Crutchfield's or anyone else is still
selling it, I suggest SNAP IT UP.  R50 rules!!!  R50 rules!!!  Just
hip yourself to the 'end search' button even before you take the unit
out of the box.  The battery life, size, and jog dial are all very
nice.  You get the separate line out and headphones out (like the R55)
And MOST importantly, it's proven to be RELIABLE by a long period of
use by many users.  R50 rules!!!!  $290 is a great price for what
you're getting, even if you could get a cheaper one elsewhere, because
it's the best portable minidisc recorder on the market.  Crutchfield's
service is worth a few extra dollars, I think.  (I bought my Pioneer
300 CD player through them and got GREAT service, and felt very
confident in the whole transaction).

Regards to the list,  Steve