Hey bud --

Thanks for the review!!!  If ever there was a medium which was open to
subjective judgments about sound quality, it's minidisc, since it
relies on perceptual coding, and sound diferences are very subtle but
audible.  I don't know why people couldn't accept that the sound of
really good perceptual coding could be more pleasing to the ear than
the original CD.  Just like there's religion among audiophiles that
digital is a problem, so there is religion among objectivists /
techies that nothing can be better than an original digital recording.
I'm not an audiophile but I thank you very much for your extremely
interesting review.  ATRAC R sounds very alluring indeed, and your
discussion of features was very illuminating.  I can't wait for my 510
to finally bite the dust!!!

Regards to the list,   Steve

(with lots and lots of snips to keep me out of trouble)