>Thanks for the review!!!  If ever there was a medium which was open to
>subjective judgments about sound quality, it's minidisc, since it
>relies on perceptual coding, and sound diferences are very subtle but
>audible.  I don't know why people couldn't accept that the sound of
>really good perceptual coding could be more pleasing to the ear than
>the original CD.  Just like there's religion among audiophiles that
>digital is a problem, so there is religion among objectivists /
>techies that nothing can be better than an original digital recording.

Thanks Steve. And I just want to clarify that the only reason why the MD's
sound better than the CD originals is that I'm using that that Audio Alchemy
"resolution enhancement" Box in the digital path...which "upconverts"
standard 16-bit PCM to 24 bits (like a Faroudja line-quadrupler for digital
audio). If I was doing direct-16-bit dubbing the MD's would sound pretty
close to the original CD (but not nec. "better").

later!

dave :)