I think if someone owns and primarily uses a Sony portable with the
End Search button and can't remember to press it before recording
something new, it's not Sony's fault of poor design. I think I
recorded over something once when I first got it, but learned my
lesson the first time.

Obviously the worth of this button is seriously desputed, but for
some reason (I'm sure there is one) Sony appears to find good use for
it. I agree it is more intuitive to assume you don't want to record
over something, but I wouldn't say it is completely not intuitive to
have the button.

I would, though, like I hear Sony's reason for the End Search.

-- John

>If you don't have a Sony, don't worry about it.  If you have a Sony, you
>will kick yourself and cuss Sony out, everytime you mess up a good
>recording because of it.  They still think they are dealing with a tape
>recorder, the fools.

>That's ridiculous! It seems like that mindset forces nothing but
>disadvantages upon the user. I'm shocked at Sony for such a dumb thing.
>
>Does *anyone* like the 'end search' at all? Sounds pointless.

etc..