Chris Fuller wrote:

> I'm having a problem with my Sony MDX-C670 Car Stereo.  The rotary volume
> control is not working properly.  When I turn the volume control, it
> sometimes will not work, or will work in the opposite manner (ie, volume
> goes up not down).  Is anyone else having this problem?  Is it expensive to
> get a replacement face for the stereo?  Any help would be really
> appreciated.

Replacement face is usually about $180.
The rotary encoder probably just has dirty contacts inside.  Sony uses
mechanical rather than optical encoders.  You might try some contact
cleaner or something.
If you're handy with a soldering iron, Sony probably sells the encoder
unit itself for maybe $20 or so.

--
Shawn Lin
http://www2.cybercities.com/g/gmwbodycars/