> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >

> > Is it working on the opposite manner ?
> > Did you know you can actually setup the unit to make the remote work that way ?
> > Check it out too!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Flavio Moritz
>
> Hi Falvio,
>
> I think Chris was refering to the rotary commander on the face-plate and not the
> remote. I have the same problem with the rotary-commander on the face-plate.
>
> Ie, It's not working in the opposite manner, it switches between normal and
> opposite in a very random way. If I turn for example the volume down, it goes
> up, down, up, down etc... If I do it with the remote, it goes down, down, down,
> down....

This is a common problem with the sony models of that time, my brother
and a friend had a CDX-760RDS CD player with the same rotating knob on
the faceplate and they both have the same problems. I too have the
mdx 670 but I use the remote commander 90% of the time and the rotary
still works fine. They supposedly fixed this in newer models and if
you go to the service desk to complain they say that the problems
were only in one or two faceplates and want you to buy a new one!

When youve rotated it enough it will go crazy on you.. maybe cleaning
the contacts with contact spray or something could help??

Cheers,

Joakim