Zach wrote,

|   On the good side it's never come on with a disc sitting in the slot (but
| not all the way in) or with a disc in and the power off... Dunno if that's
| coincidence or not.

Not a coincidence.  The bug is caused by the unit's thinking that a disc is
coming in when in fact none is.  It *can* take place with a disc sitting part
way into the slot, but only if it is not far enough in actually to be grabbed
by the mechanism.  It can't hit if there is a disc inside, and if a disc is
far enough into the slot for the unit to take it in the rest of the way, the
act of the turn-on bug is the very thing that the 320 is supposed to do.

|   The scary thing is lying in bed, trying to get to sleep, drifting right off
| to the edge of dreamy bliss and then have the room light up with "NO DISC"
| shining from across the room. Maybe mine's just haunted? :-)

You must be a really light sleeper, or the 320's display must be a heck of a
lot brighter than the 510's, if that glow can keep you up.  I had my 510s in
my bedroom, and if the bug kicked in as I was falling asleep the noise was
worse than the display; after all, my eyes were closed already.