Renting or borrowing this unit is not a good idea. Because I just
noticed that this  will be since the 2nd October forever from 20-5am
every saturday. So I don't think I'll rent a unit every saturday,....
But the one at saturday is very important because it's from one of
Germanys biggest discos, many djs and so on :).

Just buy a big HD (they aren't as expensive as they used to be), lemme
calculate 9x60x60x44100x2x2= around 5.5 Gb and record directly on PC, if you
have a reasonable soundcard sound quality should be just fine, I use a $30
Yamaha soundcard, and the program CoolEdit (which has an awesome
noise-filter), and it sounds just fine.
Then do an MP3 compression, or port directly to MD..., or you can put it on
CD with a CD burner if you only wanna listen at home.

tip: use a SoundBlaster Live (not the Value edition, they are about
$200-$250, if they are as expensive as here) which has Digital output, both
RCA Cinch (Coax) and optical TOSLINK, and inputs of both types, this allows
for easy porting between PC and MD. I'm gonna buy one myself one of these
days.

Bye, Remko van der Vossen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Black Angel, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ: 48056779
EDA and owner of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fan of Jewel, The X-Files, Chris Carter, Mac Gyver,
BtVS, Jane Jensen's Gabriel Knight

Pretty; "There is a pretty girl on the Face of this magazine
And all I can see are my dirty hands turning the page" Jewel