From: Magic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> "J. Coon" wrote:
>
> > Christopher Spalding wrote:
> > > besides which who says we use our ears to detect these "inaudible"
> > > frequencies, we can't hear a 5Hz tone, but we know when it's happening.
>
>     I'll sit you in front of my bass tube and play a 5Hz tone at you.... you
> wont hear it but youll feel it shake your body around.. kinda cool for games
> and live music (try Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder). If that doesn't
> convince you then nothing will!

I'm sure I would feel it, just crank up the power and we could have the whole
room resonating with the right frequency, but we were talking ultrasonic, not
subsonic.  Unless the sound pressure level was high enough to harm and
cause you pain, I doubt anyone on the list could hear 25KHz, apart from one
or two fruitbats on md-l who continue to insist they can.  The same guys who
insist they can hear ultrasonic remotes and movement detectors.

> > > Christopher Spalding
> > > Genius, generally excellent and gifted person.
> >
> > I'm starting to question that  a lot!

You're not the only one :-)

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -> Intelligent, generally eccentric and warped person